Monday, 5 October 2026

The Teacher Remains

Happy Teachers’ Day. 🤍

Off the top of my head, I remember teaching various Psychology subjects, Humanities and the Arts, Principles of Teaching and Educational Technology, Guidance and Counseling - and probably a few other things in between.

But when I look back at my years as a teacher, I realize that the lessons I cared about most were never confined to a syllabus.

I have always believed that teaching is also about helping young people grow - not just intellectually, but in character, perspective, attitude, and in the way they see themselves and the world around them.

And perhaps one of the greatest rewards is seeing those students years later, now leaders and professionals in their respective fields. But more than their titles or achievements, I am prouder of the persons they have become - people who are respected not simply for what they do, but for who they are.
I may no longer be formally part of the teaching team, although I remain in a teaching-related role. But having trained colleagues in the BPO industry, mentored and directed in theatre for more than half of my life, and spent years working with students in one way or another, I have come to realize something:

Being a Teacher is not just a position you hold. It becomes a part of who you are.

The classrooms may change.
The subjects may change.
The students may grow up and move on.

But the Teacher in you remains.

And after all these years, I can still say:

I am a Teacher.
I will always be a Teacher.🤍

Happy Teachers’ Day to everyone who continues to teach - whether inside a classroom or simply by the way they live, guide, and help others grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment